Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wildlife in Our Yard ...



May 27, 2009 ...

I wake up quite often to seeing wildlife in our yard. Lately, since it's been springtime, the baby fawns and their mother deers have been coming over and grazing on our grass. I woke up early one morning to exercise, when I spotted this cute little fawn and it's mother. I get to see them often. There is another set of family, a mother and two little fawns, that come by occasionally too. Aren't they adorable?

One time the kids called me to the kitchen sliding glass door. It was night time. They said, "Look Mom! There are cute little racoons looking in." Sure enough, on our back patio, there were about 2 or 3 racoons with their little faces pressed up to the sliding glass window. They looked so cute. I knew it was because they smelled dinner cooking. It was too dark to take any photos, but I knew that if I didn't scare them, they would become a problem. So I had to scare them away.

No comments: