Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Prom





On June 6, 2009 ...

This year I had two children that attended the prom this year. Laurel was asked by a senior. She's really lucky to go when she is a junior in high school. And of course, Jake went because it was his senior year. He took his girlfriend Sarah. He waited until only 3 days before prom to get a tuxedo; which meant there were not very many left, and they didn't have any time to size him and make sure it was custom fitted. Oh well, the coat wasn't too big on him (just a little).

I made chicken manicotti dinner for Jake and Sarah for their "prom dinner". Afterwards I took photos of them; which was a good thing, because by the time Jake and Sarah got to the dance, the photographer was already packing up. So these photos of them came from my picture taking.

Laurel was busy all day getting herself ready, painting nails, etc. She and her friend Angie went to a beauty salon to get their hair done, then rushed off to Angie's house to get dressed and then the boys came and picked them up. So I didn't get to see Laurel all done up for her first prom. I'm glad they had photos taken. She looks so beautiful with her hair done up in ringlets. What a magical and fun night Jake and Laurel had. They were quite relieved that the dancing at Prom was not inappropriate either, like some high schools. What a fun night it was for us all.

3 comments:

The Shep's Herd said...

Wow you have had a crazy few months. Sorry about the deployment. Since I found out, you have been in my prayers.
Love the prom pictures. Your family is so beautiful. I'm so glad you updated your blog. I love catching up with your family. Oh and I can't beleive you have a 18 year old either. Because you still look 18 to me. Have a great summer.

Roxanne said...

Rachelle,

You have such a talent for photography! Your whole family is so photogenic. I love all your pictures on your spot and how you've decorated your blog. I really enjoy reading it and listening to your playlist.

I showed Joe the pictures of Laurel and Jake, and he just couldn't believe they had grown that much. I had to remind him it's been several years since you've been in Virginia!

Hope all is well with Byron's deployment.

We love you all!
Roxanne & Joe

Daphenie said...

Your family looks great!! I can still remember Jake as a Sunbeam!! Boy must I be getting old. Anyways--so fun to catch up on the happenings in your family. So sorry to hear about Byron's deployment the last year. They did the same thing to Tom so I can totally feel for you. Thank goodness for blogging to keep in touch. Your family will definitely be in our prayers.

Have a great summer.

Daphenie